Hi friends as u all know I'm Johnson from Thodupuzha. In my childhood onwards I used to say the name of our place as touch river. I was shocked by reading todays manorama newspaper. A man named Rajesh residing at Arakkulam near thodupuzha has made the word "TOUCH RIVER" as his registered trademark and any other people who uses the word touch river as their place name will be subjected to punishment.
It's written in the newspaper that he is a famous film director. I have to say that it was the 1st time that I heard about him. He says that he doesn't want to promote Thodupuzha. I agree with him. But I doubt he is aiming at cheap publicity.
My question is WHETHER HE CAN ASSURE THAT IT WAS HE WHO USED THE WORD TOUCH RIVER FOR THE 1ST TIME?
CAN I REGISTER THE NAME RAJESH AND PREVENT HIM FROM USING THAT NAME FURTHER.


i think rajesh touchriver has done the right thing.
ReplyDeleteif somebody has already used the name 'touchriver' they are always welcome to come out with facts.
'rajesh' is a proper name in use since ages and has clear derivative from ancient languages and this answers the second question.
also i would like have the link to the full details of trademark registration so that a clear perspective can emerge from this.
@gangadhar
ReplyDeletehow does the name of a place can become one's personal asset? In the name Thodupuzha Thodu means touch and puzha means river....
Ours is a place situated in the banks of a river.
I think u got the situation